Carolina Tiger Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit wildlife sanctuary whose mission is saving and protecting wild cats in captivity and in the wild.
How many of these random tiger facts do you know?
- All tiger stripes are different, as unique as our fingerprints.
A tiger’s success rate for hunting is 10 percent.
- Tigers are the largest of the cat species.
Four of the former nine subspecies of tigers are extinct in the wild.
- There are currently more tigers living in people’s backyards, roadside zoos and traveling entertainment shows than are left in the wild.
Tigers can run up to 40 miles per hour.
- Tigers are excellent swimmers and have been recoreded to swim up to seven miles in a single day.
Tigers are capable of hunting from the water.
- Tigers are ambush predators. They prefer to wait for their prey to come as close as possible before they make a move to kill.
Tigers are typically solitary animals, but on a rare occasion, a group of tigers is called a streak.