Why is education important?
At Carolina Tiger Rescue, we believe that education is the key to stopping the exploitation of wild cats. Many times people unknowingly engage in behaviors that negatively impact wild cats. They may have taken a picture with a tiger cub, but didn’t consider what would happen to that cub when they were too big to be handled. They may have gone to the circus and watched tigers perform amazing feats, but didn’t realize the tiger then lived most of their lives in a tiny cage in the back of a semi-truck. We believe in the concept that once you know better, you do better.
How do we educate people?
Education is not a one-size-fits-all concept. Our audience includes people of all ages who are just beginning to learn about these amazing animals while others are walking encyclopedias! There are people who are nervous about meeting our cats and others that have waited a lifetime to meet them. We have programs that can help encourage learning no matter your background.
What kind of education programs do you offer?
There are an incredible number of ways to learn more about our animals. Here are just a few!
- Public tours – ideal of people of any age to meet and learn about our animals
- Tiger Tales – shorter tours created for children between the ages of 2-7
- Summer Camps – week long adventure for school age children
- Home School programs – a 4 week STEM based program (Enclosure Design or Enrichment Design)
- Field Trips to Go – the next best thing to coming to visit us!
- Community Booths and Presentations – learn about our animals at local events
- And so much more! Take a look around our website and you can learn more about the issues these species face both in captivity and in the wild. You can also learn more the individual animals that we for every day.