Group & Workplace Volunteer
Group & Workplace Volunteer
Carolina Tiger Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit wildlife sanctuary whose mission is saving and protecting wild cats in captivity and in the wild.
Are you and your coworkers or friends looking to give back in a unique way? Come join Carolina Tiger Rescue for a morning or afternoon workgroup experience!
Workgroup opportunities are available to anyone 16 years of age or older, and for groups with as few as five individuals.
Workgroups commonly assist with projects such as clearing vines and brush from enclosures, building or dismantling fences, digging trenches for drainage, or other light construction tasks. Your exact project will depend on our particular needs at the time, available tools and materials, and progress made by other groups. All members of your group should be prepared for moderately strenuous physical work in a fairly rustic, natural, outdoor environment.
Shift Times and Scheduling
The morning workgroup shift is from 8:30am-1:00pm, and the afternoon workgroup shift is from 12:30pm-5:00pm. Each shift includes a complimentary one-hour tour of the sanctuary.
Workgroups are booked on a first come, first serve basis. If you have a particular date that you are interested in, we recommend contacting us at least two months in advance.
*Due to staff schedules, we are unable to offer workgroup opportunities all day on Mondays, and Tuesday afternoons.*
If you would like more information about group and workplace volunteering, or if you would like to schedule a workgroup, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Maryssa Hill.
Things to Know
The following clothing is necessary when working at our facility:
- Closed-toed shoes or boots
- Long pants – please do not wear shorts
- Short sleeve shirts are okay, but please bring a long sleeve shirt as well since we handle poison ivy
- Please do not wear clothing with inappropriate logos or graphics on them
- Sports bras must be worn with tank tops
- No bare midriffs
- Please tie up long hair and take off dangling jewelry, as animals might be attracted to it
In addition, please consider the weather forecast for the day you will be here and dress appropriately for outdoor work in that weather.
Donations: We ask that each member of your group bring an item from the following donation list:
- Blackberries, blueberries, kiwi, pear, raspberries (for our animals who eat fruit) ** they do not care for strawberries or melon
- Toilet paper (4-pack or higher)**
- Box of disposable latex gloves (sizes M / L )**
- Ziploc storage bags, quart or gallon size
- Trash bags, 33+ or 55 gallon size
- Paper towels (3-pack or higher)**
- Bug spray (Deep Woods brand, Insect Repellent V) **
- Sunscreen (SPF 30+ UVA, UVB)
- Vine clipper (small, hand-held) **
- Hay fork (long handle)
- Printing paper (8.5 x 11)
- Gift cards (any value) for Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Performance Auto, or any office supply store
- Cash donations (any amount) are also welcome
(** indicates items that we currently need the most.)