No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Looking to do a story?
Here’s what you need to know:
- The contact person for marketing and public relations is Communications Director Michelle Meyers, 919-542-4684 x 3019.
- Carolina Tiger is open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm. We are closed only on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Carolina Tiger does not permit the media to be present during a rescue/receiving new animals. This is one of the most dangerous times for a sanctuary, so only staff members are present. It is also an anxious time for the animals being transferred. They may have just completed a long journey in a cramped space and their whole world has changed within hours.
- New animals are immediately unloaded into quarantine, where they will undergo medical exams and evaluation. Quarantine typically lasts 3 to 4 weeks. It is also during this time that we assess each animal’s behavior and personality to determine whether they will be placed on the tour route or elsewhere in the sanctuary. During this time we do not permit anyone other than staff to visit the new animals.
- We do have a professional photographer on staff, and we take pictures and video during rescues and quarantine. Reporters may request pictures and video during these times and we will be happy to supply them.
- Carolina Tiger has numerous suggestions for story ideas.