Carolina Tiger Rescue, formerly the Carnivore Preservation Trust, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit wildlife sanctuary whose mission is saving and protecting wild cats in captivity and in the wild.
Carolina Tiger Rescue offers a structured internship for college students and other pre-professionals. Carolina Tiger Rescue does not currently offer paid internships and cannot provide housing.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and complete an application and interview process.
Animal Care Internships
Carolina Tiger Rescue's animal care internships are a minimum of 192 hours (24 per week over 8 weeks), including:
- Compound Maintenance (cage repair/construction, lawn care, etc.)
- Cage Cleaning
- Animal Enrichment
- Informal Classes (animal care, physical/chemical restraint, etc.)
- Veterinary care
Requirements during internship
- Complete an intern project
- Meet with mentor once a week
- Keep a daily journal
* Every effort is made to allow each intern to observe veterinary procedures; however, due to their "as needed" nature it is not always possible.
We are no longer accepting intern applications for summer 2014.
If you have questions regarding animal care internships, email Kathryn Bertok