Carolina Tiger Rescue, formerly the Carnivore Preservation Trust, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit wildlife sanctuary whose mission is saving and protecting wild cats in captivity and in the wild.
Carolina Tiger Rescue offers a structured internship opportunity for college students and other pre-professionals. Unfortunately at this time, we are unable to offer housing or a stipend.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and complete an application and interview process.
Animal Care Internships
Animal Care interns will be exposed to all aspects of caring for exotic cats. Interns must able to commit to working Monday through Friday, for the entire eight week internship. During this time, the interns will learn:
- Proper and safe feeding and watering
- Compound maintenance (enclosure repair, compound maintenance, etc.)
- Enclosure cleaning
- Animal enrichment
- Medication prep and delivery
- Animal observation and record keeping
During their time at Carolina Tiger Rescue, interns will also:
- Meet with their mentor weekly
- Attend weekly workshops
- Complete weekly talks /li>
* Every effort is made to allow each intern to observe veterinary procedures; however, due to their "as needed" nature it is not always possible.
Complete the 2016 Animal Care Intern Application and return to:
Carolina Tiger Rescue
c/o Kathryn Bertok
1940 Hanks Chapel Rd.
Pittsboro, NC 27312
If you have questions regarding animal care internships, email Kathryn Bertok